We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you think you might be a good fit, please download and complete our application.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Ensure an accurate and timely quarterly, interim, and year-end financial statements.
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis.
- Billing, receivables and general ledger functions.
- Produce quarterly financial statements including balance sheet, profit/loss statements, and accumulative general ledger using QuickBooks Enterprise software.
- Daily processing of work orders to customers.
- Monthly processing of pay applications to contractors.
- Oversee payables, ensuring transactions are posted correctly.
- Ensure 3rd party payroll entries are posted weekly.
- Prepare and file monthly sales tax returns.
- Maintain company general insurance such as liability, auto, and workers comp.
- Proven working experience as Bookkeeper. Three to five years prior experience in bookkeeping/financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and QuickBooks and other 3rd party applications.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ten key by touch required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.